Graduates from underdeveloped nations like Nigeria are eligible for the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Scholarship program. This scholarship aims to assist those interested in acquiring their master’s degree.
DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarship
DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarship is the type that focuses on social, political, and economic development. It is a fully-funded scholarship awarded to students looking to study in Germany..
Host Country: Germany
Programs Involved and the Host Institution
Below are the institutions where this scholarship is awarded and their selected courses.
• Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg: Social Protection.
• University of Duisburg-Essen: Development and Governance.
• University of Passau: Governance and Public Policy.
• Universitãt Magdeburg: Peace and Conflict Studies.
Eligibility Criteria For DAAD Helmut-Schmidt
Below are the eligibility criteria to apply for the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Scholarship.
• The DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Scholarship program is open to graduates from developing countries, including Nigeria.
• An applicant must hold a well-qualified first university degree (a rule in social and political sciences, law, economics administration, and public policy).
• An applicant must have gained relevant experience in the program, such as internships, social commitment, and professional experience.
• An applicant must be willing to contribute to their home country’s political, economic, and social development.
According to scholars4dev.com, the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Scholarship is open to applicants from Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa; Asia and the Pacific, Central Asia, and South Caucasus; Latin America, Western, Central, South-Eastern Europe, and the Middle East and North Africa.
Recipients of the DAAD Scholarship are exempted from paying specific fees associated with their degree program. Below are some of the benefits that come with the scholarship.
• An individual receives an approximate value of $1,000 every month for their master’s degree.
• An individual can travel allowances between Germany and their developing country.
• An individual is privileged to receive rent subsidies and family supplements (they are applicable).
• An individual receives health insurance coverage in Germany (specifically for one’s study duration).
• An individual gets study and research grants.
• An individual is open to learning a German language course for six months (participation is compulsory).
Below are some of the documents that would be needed for application for the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Scholarship.
• Fully completed DAAD application form.
• Letter of motivation.
• Currently written reference.
• Copies of higher education degree certificate.
• A copy of your whole set of transcripts.
• Proof of English language skills.
• Confirmation of relevant professional experience or internships and/or proof of relevant political service.
How To Apply For the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Scholarship
English or German must be used to submit all applications. The DAAD Helmut-Schmidt program (master’s scholarship in public policy and good governance) must be specifically mentioned when applying.
• An individual must review the DAAD selection criteria. Once done, tick off the checklist and complete their list of criteria with original signature with place and date (no scanned signature would be accepted).
• An individual would need to complete the DAAD application form “Application for a research/study scholarship” only once and indicate their master’s course or courses (showing the first and second priority).
• If you are applying for two master’s courses, you need to rank them according to preference in your motivation letter. For each, you must provide clear reasons why you think it will advance you academically or professionally (submit the same letter of motivation for both courses).
• Ensure to submit the application form to the master’s course of your choice (2 maximum), along with the required documents.
Visit www2.daad.de for more information on the scholarship.
The deadline for the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Scholarship application is on the 31st of July, 2023.
The DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarship is a financial support fund to assist students in pursuing their degrees. It accepts students from various developing and Nigerian students are equally welcomed. One can consider applying for this scholarship as it offers an opportunity to study with tuition fees covered. Kindly visit our comment section for your views and opinions.