Harvard University Aspire Leaders Program 2023 is a fully funded opportunity for young students. This leadership program was initiated by the professors of Harvard Business School, to improve the lives of marginalized youth worldwide and empower them to influence their communities. This fully funded leadership program is especially targeted at those who come from low-income backgrounds. Harvard University leaders program 2023 is currently accepting applications from aspiring international candidates.
The application is Now Open!
Early Action Deadline: Dec 1, 2023
Final Application Deadline: March, 2024
Apply to the Aspire Leaders Program
Talent exists among youth around the world. Discover your potential or encourage others to learn more and apply. Proceed to the application form here.
About the Aspire Leaders Program
Who is it for?
This program is for students who are from backgrounds of social and financial adversity. All applicants must meet the following criteria:
First-generation to attend university, meaning their parents did not complete an undergraduate degree
Current undergraduate students or recent graduates
OR students impacted by armed conflict and/or a natural disaster
For more details about eligibility, please see the FAQ.
What are the program opportunities?
Through the program, students will:
Participate in live seminars with Harvard and world-class faculty.
Exchange ideas in a virtual classroom with a global community of peers.
Apply for grant and mentorship opportunities.
Does this program require travel?
All stages of the Aspire Leaders Program are delivered online. We suggest access to the internet and a mobile device, laptop, tablet, or computer.
Is English knowledge required?
All stages are delivered in English; however, if English is your second language or you are not 100% fluent, we still encourage you to apply and do your best.
Am I eligible if I have applied before?
Yes, if you applied for the 2023 program then you are eligible to apply again – unless you are alumnus and completed all five stages. Congratulations on your perseverance!
Students who apply by the Early Action Deadline will be the first cohort to progress through each stage in 2023. You will be welcomed to Stage 1 on a rolling basis and continue from there. The Aspire Leaders Program is competitive, and we strongly encourage you to submit your application early.
Once accepted to the Aspire Leaders Program, students will continue through a multi-stage selection process, culminating in the finalist program, delivered virtually. This occurs 4-5 months after the application deadline.
What are the outcomes?
Aspire Institute’s leadership development offerings will tangibly support the next steps of your journey as a young leader. The Aspire alumni network is a dynamic and diverse group spanning countries around the world. Membership in this group provides access to regional cohorts, affinity networks, and a lifelong community of peers and educators around the world.
The Aspire Leaders Program Journey
MODULE I Three Weeks
Personal and Professional Development
- Assessment of strengths-based leadership skills.
- Access to professional development resources, co-crafted with Harvard Business School. These resources include guidance for building a LinkedIn profile, crafting an effective resume, interviewing tips, and networking advice.
- Opportunities for live interactions within a global cohort of peers.
MODULE II Seven Weeks
Aspire Leadership Course: Societal Impact for First-Generation Leaders
- A six-session leadership development course, augmented by an additional week for dedicated coursework, meticulously designed and presented by esteemed Harvard University faculty.
The journey unfolds as follows:
- Week One: Understanding Yourself as a Leader
- Week Two: The Importance of Understanding Context and Building Trust
- Week Three: Navigating Digital Transformation and Artificial Intelligence
- Week Four: Live Discussion – Addressing Community Challenges
- Week Five: Voices of Leaders
- Week Six: Live Discussion – Taking Action in Your Communities Worldwide
- Week Seven: Independent Coursework and Module 3 Preparation
MODULE III Two Weeks
- Engage in masterclasses led by world-renowned educators from esteemed universities worldwide.
- Experience a blend of asynchronous and synchronous learning, fostering connections with a global cohort of peers and mentors.
Alumni receive the keys to an energetic community of young leaders, seasoned mentors, and valuable social impact seed funding.
Read Alumni Stories
Each cohort embarks on the same three-module program alongside a fresh group of Aspire Leaders. We encourage you to apply and journey with us today!
- Application Deadline: Saturday, December 2nd, at 11:59 p.m. EST (Boston, USA)
- Cohort 1 Program Dates: January – March 2024