In Nigeria, undergraduate students attending federal and state colleges are eligible for the SEPLAT Scholarship. It is a type of social responsibility program targeted at building societal development.
Seplat Petroleum Company (SEPLAT) is Nigeria’s indigenous oil and gas company. It was established with the sole aim of taking advantage of the upstream oil and gas opportunities present in Nigeria.
SEPLAT scholarship is an initiative by the petroleum company targeted at giving back to the communities. According to academicful.com/seplat, the scholarship has remained active for many years and focused on rewarding hard work and exceptional students. It’s one of Nigeria’s top petroleum companies awarding support funds to students.
Eligibility Criteria For SEPLAT Scholarship
There are certain things that an individual must fulfill to be eligible for the SEPLAT Scholarship.
- An individual must be an undergraduate student in any public university in Nigeria.
- An individual must offer either of the below-listed courses.
- Agriculture Engineering.
- Business Administration.
- Computer Science.
- Mass Communications.
- Petroleum Engineering.
- Civil Engineering.
- Environmental Studies.
- Mechanical Engineering.
NPDC Scholarship Requirements
Seplat is responsible for establishing the NPDC scholarship, focusing on the Niger Delta area. To qualify for the NPDC requirements, an individual must fulfill the following.
- An individual must be in their second year of study or above.
- An individual must have at least 5 O’level credits, including mathematics (including science and technology).
- An individual’s GPA must be more than 3.5 to qualify.
- An individual must not benefit from another scholarship award.
Recipients of the SEPLAT Scholarship are awarded N150,000 every year. One can cover tuition fees and other school expenses through this specific fund. It will continue until one’s undergraduate study comes to an end.
The NPDC undergraduate scholarship is hosted in Nigeria for students looking to pursue their degree programs. The exams which award the scholarship are conducted in selected universities or polytechnics in Nigeria. Specifically, the NPDC scholarship is not for international or Nigerian students studying abroad.
Benefits Associated With The NPDC/SEPLAT Scholarship
There are numerous benefits that an individual can derive from the joint scholarship offered by NPDC and SEPLAT.
- An individual is open to completing their degree program without much financial stress.
- An individual can access numerous opportunities, including mentorship and career development programs.
- Individuals are offered access to a long list of courses they can study.
- An individual can access the right resources for learning.
How To Apply For SEPLAT Scholarship 2023/2024
- An individual is expected to complete and submit an online based application form. Kindly visit seplatenergy.com to apply for a scholarship that covers tuition fees.
- An individual is expected to have a valid email address for accessible communication between them and the management (Gmail is not preferable).
- Applicants who are regarded as successful will be contacted for notification.
The application is subject to the NPDC scholarship award (terms and conditions).
SEPLAT 2023 Scholarship Deadline
The SEPLAT 2023 scholarship starts on the 26th of August, 2023. It is scheduled to end in September 2023.
SEPLAT Scholarship is among the top scholarship programs in Nigeria awarded by renowned petroleum companies. Individuals can consider and apply for this specific scholarship program before its deadline. Ensure to visit their official website for more information on the scholarship. Kindly visit our comment section for your views and opinions.